Browsing Tag

Pakistan Cotton

Silver fibre in distress: Pakistan Cotton

September 17, 2014 It is not just the yellow gold thats in vogue these days; its the white gold as well. According to figures released by the Pakistan Cotton Ginners Association (PCGA), between July 1 and September 1, 2014, cotton arrival to the factories increased by 2.1 percent to over 1.76 million bales compared to same period of last year. Dwindling arrival of cotton bales has been observed in Sindh ginneries, which recorded a decline of 12 percent in cotton production whereas the…

Cotton arrivals increase by 13.75 percent: PCGA

December 19, 2013 MAQBOOL HUSSAIN BUKHARI Pakistan Cotton Ginners Association (PCGA) has released cotton arrivals figure for first two weeks of December on Wednesday. PCGA fortnightly report shows that around 1,22,49,949 cotton bales were distributed to the ginners by December 15, which shows an increase of 13.75 percent than last year when ginners received 1,07,68,861 bales. PCGA Chairman Mukhtar Ahmed Khan Baloch said on Wednesday about cotton seed (phutti) arrivals, sales and…

Record production of cotton bales expected

November 21, 2013 HAMID WALEED Pakistan is set to produce record 16.4 million bales of cotton in 2013-14, as a total of 9.51 million bales have so far arrived in the market, which becomes around 58 percent on an average of total arrival until 15th of November 2013. Market sources have pointed out that a record bumper crop of cotton is very much on the cards if one adds remaining 42 percent arrival of cotton until 1st of April 2014. Therefore, they said, total production of cotton…

PCGA chief urges government to safeguard interest of growers: Pakistan Cotton

September 30, 2013 Chairman of Pakistan Cotton Ginners Association (PCGA) Mukhtar Ahmed Khan Baloch has urged upon the government to safeguard the interest of the growers as well as ginners to stabilise the country's economy. Talking to this scribe here on Sunday he said that the government should review the expected cotton production figures and not to allow the import of cotton from different countries before the consumption of local stock. He said that billions of dollars would be…

PCGA issues figures for cotton production

November 19, 2012 RAHIMYAR KHAN - Pakistan Cotton Ginners Association (PCGA) has issued fortnightly figures of domestic cotton production. Accordingly, all countrywide ginning factories have so far received seed-cotton (phutti) equivalent to 8,519,075 cotton bales up to 15th November, 2012, that’s 550,257 bales (7pc) in excess to previous year corresponding arrivals. However according to PCGA report seed cotton arrivals in ginning factories of Punjab are 5,723,266 bales up to 15th…

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More