Aug 18, 2014
By Fareeha Malik
A kitchen garden is place around the house where we can grow herbs and vegetables for household use. Since early times a small plot near to the house has been used for growing a variety of vegetables according to the season. For people to stay healthy it’s very important to have a healthy diet. A healthy diet means a balanced mix of rice, bread, pulses, vegetables, herbs, fruit etc. Vegetables are a very important part of a good diet as they contain various nutrients for many body functions. For growing, energy and protection against disease, vegetables play an essential role. Vegetables are especially important for the young, and for pregnant and nursing women. In Kitchen gardening we can grow Organic vegetables without any fertilizer and pesticide spray that are harmful for the life of human being. Vegetables can easily be grown according to their season . Local varieties such as radish, broad leaf mustard, chilli, beans, pumpkins etc. are all grown in the kitchen garden.
Benefits of Kitchen Gardening:
– To grow healthy, fresh vegetables high in nutritional value.
– Production of Vegetables without any Chemicals.
– To save the cost of buying vegetables.
– Waste resources such as sweepings, kitchen scraps and dirty water can be recycled onto the garden.
– Wasteland around the house can be made productive.
– To beautify the land¬scape
Production Technology Of Winter Vegetables (For Home Gardening)