15 Best Benefits Of Jeera/Cumin Water for Skin, Hair and Health
Jeera or cumin (Cuminum Cyminum) seed is one of the most popular cooking ingredients used all through Asia. The strong flavor and tepid aroma of jeera has made it an indispensable spice. But do you know that jeera water can be used as a natural remedy for a number of health problems? Not only that but this water can also be used for various skin and hair issues. All you need to do is to boil a handful of jeera in clean water and strain it. You are ready.
Starting your day by drinking a glass full of fresh jeera water, also known as jeeragam water can help you in innumerable ways. Not sure about it? Check out below for the benefits:
1. Several studies have proved that jeera or cumin seeds can aid to your digestion significantly. Consumption of a glass of jeera water everyday can stimulate the secretion of a number of carbohydrate, glucose and fat breaking enzymes. It enhances your metabolism and keeps the digestive system in track so that you can combat disorders like diarrhea, nausea, flatulence, morning sickness, atonic dyspepsia, malabsorption syndrome and so on.
2. Jeera water is highly beneficial for your liver and stomach. The antioxidants present in the seeds can flush out the toxic materials from your body and promote the regular activities of various internal organs. Just soak jeera in water for the whole night and drink it next morning to facilitate the production of bile within the liver and get rid of acidity, bloating, abdominal gas, etc.
3. Jeera is an excellent source if iron, which is essential for maintaining the normal functionality of your immune system. A concoction prepared by mixing a teaspoonful of jeera into a glass of water contains almost 1.3 mg of iron (7% of the recommended daily intake). Moreover, it comprises a fair amount of vitamin A and vitamin C, which have antioxidant benefits. Hence, drinking jeera water regularly can help you boost your immunity and stay away from a lot of diseases.
4. The iron content of cumin is also helpful in treating anemia. Iron is considered as one of the most vital minerals of the body as it plays a key role in forming red blood corpuscles as well as increasing the amount of oxygen-carrying hemoglobin in the bloodstream. Therefore, jeera water is useful in fighting against acute iron deficiency that is caused during anemia.
5. Being rich in iron, jeera water is exceptionally good for pregnant and lactating women. It helps in meeting up the requirements of iron in the would-be mother as well as the fetus or the baby. As a result, both of them remain well and healthy.
6. Jeera water also has a positive impact on your respiratory system. Being anti-congestive by nature, jeera can dilute the mucous accumulated in chest and help in its discharge to a great extent. It also has antiseptic properties, which help kill the microorganisms causing cold, cough and fever.
7. If you are suffering from insomnia (sleep disorder), jeera water can help you. Regular intake of this water is known to promote sound sleep.
8. Jeera also helps in enhancing your brainpower. Drinking jeera water from a younger age can sharpen your memory and intelligence appreciably.
Jeera Water Benefits for Skin:
When your internal system is healthy, your skin mirrors it. As jeera water makes you strong and healthy internally, it has significant effects on your skin. Find below all those unique skin benefits of the concoction:
9. Jeera is full of dietary fiber, which works on the harmful toxic materials present in the body and makes their elimination smoother. Moreover, it contains certain free radical scavengers that turn the seed into an effective detoxifier and enhance its cleansing power. Hence, jeera water can be used as a wonderful skin cleanser for keeping your skin clean, fresh and rejuvenated. It also adds a natural glow to your facial skin.
10. As mentioned earlier, jeera water is immensely helpful in boosting the functioning of the digestive tract, which eventually helps your skin absorb essential nutrients to stay nourished and healthy. Furthermore, the minerals present in the seed including calcium, potassium, copper, selenium, manganese, etc. are vital for up keeping a soft, supple and smooth skin.
11. When you start drinking jeera water regularly, your body gets enough amount of vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E. All these vitamins are known for their antioxidative as well as anti-ageing properties. So, jeera water can help replenish your skin and prevent premature aging.
12. Jeera water can be used as a natural remedy for acne. You can easily prepare your own anti-acne toner by boiling jeera in water. Regular application of this can result into a clear, toned and acne-free skin. Blending a few drops of essential oils with this water will give even better result.
13. The burning sensation of skin can also be reduced with the help of jeera water. Hence, it is also used as a skin soother.
Benefits of Jeera Water for Hair:
Though jeera water is not that effective for your tresses, you can still use it for battling a couple of hair issues. Here we go:
14. When it comes to providing nutrition to each of your hair strand, jeera water can help a lot. The crucial vitamins and minerals present in it nourish your hair from the roots. As a result, you will get strong and healthy tresses.
15. It also adds extra shine to your hair so that you get silky and lustrous hair.
Courtesy Style Craze.