Health: 8 Benefits of Mint for Skin!
Health Benefits of Mint
Mint is the one of those ingredients that you find in products like Moisturizers, Cleansers, Conditioners, Shampoos and even in Lip balms! You will find it credited in different forms on the Ingredients table as Mint, ‘Mentha’, ‘Mentha piperita’ etc. You can easily get rid of severe acne with just this simple ingredient. Mint leaves for skin works on any type of acne.
So what are the Health benefits of Mint for it to be used so widely? Read on to find out…
Mint leaves for skin
Here are the mint benefits for skin
1. Mint has anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, mint juice for skin soothes mosquito bites and also softens and calms dry or itchy skin.
2. Apply mint oil to your hair 3-4 times every week for 30 minutes (before a shower). Doing this will help to get rid of lice as mint is a natural repellent for insects.
3. Take some oats and mix it with mint juice. Scrub your skin with this solution to remove dead skin cells. It also Hydrates, and Moisturizes your skin and also helps in removing Pimple marks.
4. Use of mint leaves by boiling in water and then soaking your feet in it helps to soothe cracked heels, removes odour and makes them soft.
5. Apply a paste of mint leaves on blackhead-affected areas and wash off after 15 minutes. Mint for skin helps in getting rid of blackheads too.
6. Salicylic acid present in mint helps in curing Acne too. Apply a paste of mint leaves and natural rose water and apply on your face. Clean off after 20 minutes. Doing this regularly helps in getting rid of that stubborn acne.
7. Mint leaves for skin controls oiliness too as it contains Vitamin A. It rejuvenates and refreshes the skin making it bright and soft!
8. Crushed mint leaves when applied to your forehead relieves headache and makes you feel fresh!
These are some of the many reasons why mint has taken over the beauty care world! With many potential benefits to the skin, it is one of the easily available natural ingredient you can give a try.