Daily Archives

February 5, 2013

Effects of Low Atmosphere Stunning and Deboning Time on Broiler Breast Meat Quality

05 February 2013 Author Affiliation: In a study looking at the impacts of stunning system on chicken breast quality, there were no significant differences between a low-atmosphere stunning process and the standard electrical method and products from both systems were equally acceptable to consumers. As expected, the longer hanging period tended to result in more tender fillets. In a Poultry Science paper, M.W. Schilling of Mississippi State University and co-authors there and at…

Coke and Pepsi being used by Indian farmers as a pesticide

Agriculture in India Coke and Pepsi being used by Indian farmers as a pesticide and they are even DILUTING it with water and STILL getting results. You wonder why people are getting sick for no reason ? You didn't actually believe this is just all down to modern day living did you ?

(Ostrich Farming) شترمرغ پالنا

تعارف زرعی میڈیا ڈاٹ کام:  آج کل گوشت کے لئے شتر مرغ پالنا دنیا میں اہم کاروبار بن گیا ہے۔شتر مرغ کا گوشت صحت کے لئے بہت مفید ہے کیونکہ اس میں چکنائی (Fat) اور کولیسٹرول کی مقدار کافی کم ہوتی ہے۔اسے دنیا بھر میں انڈے، گوشت اور چمڑہ حاصل کرنے کے لئے پالا جاتا ہے۔پاکستان کی آب و ہواشتر مرغ پالنے کے لئے موزوں ہے۔ ؁تاریخی پس منظر پرانے وقتوں میں شتر مرغ گوشت حاصل کرنے اور ان کے پَر حاصل کرنے کے لئے پالے جاتے تھے۔ مصر اور روم کے لوگ انہیں خاص داوتوں میں ذبح کرتے تھے اور ان کی کھال سے…

USDA Saves $4 Billion in Agricultural Exports

February 5th, 2013 US - The US Department of Agriculture resolved dozens of export issues in 2012, freeing up an estimated $4 billion in US agricultural and forestry exports and protecting roughly 30,000 American jobs in the process. The current forecasts show that the US will double its agricultural exports in 2014 according to Performance.gov. Over the past year, the USDA has been working to eliminate barriers, open new markets, secure the release of US shipments detained at foreign…

New Study Reveals Egg Intake Does Not Raise Health Risks

February 5th, 2013 GLOBAL - Eating one egg a day does not increase the risk of coronary heart disease or stroke and may even reduce the risk, according to new research from China and the US, except for people with diabetes. Researchers from China and the US have found that higher consumption of eggs - defined as up to one egg per day - is not associated with increased risk of coronary heart disease or stroke. The study did reveal an increased risk of coronary heart disease among diabetic…

Europe’s Top Corn Supplier – Ukraine Ups Export by 21.5%

February 5, 2013 As of February 3, 2013, Ukrainian corn producers exported 7.95 million tons of corn - 1.4 tons more than last year in a year-on-year comparison, informed the Agrarian Ministry of Ukraine. Following the world's leading corn exporters - the U.S., Argentina, and Brazil, Ukraine became top corn supplier among European countries. In 2012, Ukraine produced about 20 million tons of corn; more than half of it the country is ready to sell to foreign buyers, stated Ukrainian…

Agriculture: Rapeseed, mustard production in Pakistan

By: Shehzad Ahmad Kang INTRODUCTION Rapeseed-mustard is the third most important source of edible oil after cotton and sunflower in Pakistan. The total availability of edible oils during 2009-10 is 2.9 million tons out of which Local production stood at 0.669 million tons which accounts only 23% of total availability. The remaining 77% was made available through imports at the cost of 1.65 billion US dollars. (Anonymous, 2011-12). Rapeseed and mustard seed is a rich source of oil…

Red-banded thrips

Scientific name  (Selenothrips rubrocinctus) Description of adult Adult thrips are dark-bodied with a red band on the first three abdominal segments. They are about 3 mm in length and have two pairs of clear wings that have large fringing hairs around the whole margin. Immature stages    The nymphs are light orange with abdominal segments one and two, and the anal segments bright red. Life history Eggs are inserted into the tissue on the lower leaf surface and covered with a…

Rains curtail trade activity on cotton market

February 05, 2013 Business activity came down on the market on Monday as ginners raised asking prices after fresh rains in both Punjab and Sindh, dealers said. Official spot rate was unchanged at Rs 6,100. In Sindh rates were at Rs 1,800-2,800, while in Punjab prices were higher at Rs 2,000-3,000, they said. In ready business, over 6,000 bales of cotton changed hands between Rs 5900-6200, they added. Market sources said that just after the rains the ginners in Sindh and Punjab…

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More