The scientific name of Poultry Organization shall be The World’s Poultry Science Association – Pakistan Branch, herein after referred as WPSA-PB
The WPSA-PB shall be situated in Pakistan and its Head Office shall be in one of the cities in Pakistan. The present official and corresponding address of WPSA-PB is:
WPSA_PB Head Office
WPSA PAKISTAN BRANCH
48-C SATELLITE TOWN CHANDANI CHOWK
MUREE ROAD RAWALPINDI PAKISTAN
TEL+ 92 111 50 50 50 FAX +92 51 4451191
392-A, SAMANABAD FAISALABAD PAKISTAN
CELL +92 300 6620616
Address may change, if and when required.
- To promote the advancement of knowledge of all aspects of Poultry Science and industry;
- To disseminate knowledge pertaining to all branches of the Poultry Science/ Industry and to facilitate the exchange of such knowledge among people throughout the world having an interest in the subject;
- To encourage and promote world Poultry congresses, Conferences, Workshops, Seminars and refresher Courses for the Scientists, industry workers and Poultry Farmers;
- To promote research and education in all aspects of Poultry industry in Pakistan;
- To build a Data Bank on all aspects of Poultry industry in Pakistan. This information will provide a basis for problem oriented research; and
- To cooperate with other national and international organizations in achieving these aims and objectives.
The nature of the World Poultry Science Association Pakistan Branch is Scientific.
1. Types of Membership
Members of the World Poultry Science Association – Pakistan Branch shall be classified as individual members, affiliate members, student members, life members, and honorary members as under;
- Individual member shall consist of any person who is interested in the objectives of Association;
- Affiliate member shall consist of any Clubs, Institutions, Associations, societies or Business firms connected with any activity of the Poultry industry;
- Student members shall be fulltime bonafide Poultry students;
- Life membership shall be for persons as in (i) above wanting to make one payment to cover life membership; and
- Honorary member shall consist of any person who has made noteworthy contribution to the work of Poultry industry in Pakistan or to the work of the association and who is recognized by the World’s Poultry Science Association Pakistan Branch.
- Any Member who does not pay his dues by due date i.e. 31st March of that year, his membership shall stand terminated automatically and his name shall be struck off from the membership list.
- Each member shall subscribe annually. The current rates of annual subscription are shown below which are subject to revision from time to time by the Executive Board.
Membership Type Annual Subscription
Individual member US $ 30 or equivalent in local currency.
Affiliate member US $ 80 -do-
Student member US $ 20 -do-
Life member (one payment) US $ 1000 -do-
Honorary member Nil
- Financial resources shall be obtained from member dues, voluntary contributions and other legal sources.
- The Treasurer shall maintain books of accounts with respect to income of any type viz. subscriptions, donations, grants etc., expenses incurred and the assets and liabilities of the Association.
- The President in consultation with treasurer and any one member of Executive board shall be authorized to sanction any amount of funds for expenditure.
- The statement of accounts shall be presented to Executive Board each year that will examine and approve it.
- At the end of 4 years term, the audit of accounts shall be presented to General body meeting or circulated to members through post. Objections, if any shall be raised by members within a fortnight of circulation.
- The World Poultry Science Association – Pakistan Branch shall adopt decentralized system which shall consist of Head Office located anywhere in Pakistan and four Provincial Offices located in Punjab, N.W.F.P, Sindh and Baluchistan.
- The management of the Association shall be directed by the Executive Board under the guidelines set forth in this constitution and those policies established by the world’s Poultry Science Association.
- The Executive Board shall conduct the routine business of the Association.
- It shall be nominated and elected by the WPSA-PB organizers.
- It shall comprise of;
- A President
- A S V.President
- A Secretary
- A Treasurer
- Four Vice Presidents in provincial offices of WPSA-PB
- Members of Executive Board shall serve for a period of four years, or in the event of an individual appointment made by the president for the residual of 4-years term.
- The President shall be empowered to appoint, in consultation with the Executive Board, a member to a vacancy caused by the resignation or death of an office bearer.
- In the event of the resignation or death of the President, the senior vice President shall assume the office of the President and will continue in the office till Executive Board elects a new President. Of the four Vice Presidents determining seniority shall be entire discretion of the President.
- The Executive Board shall be authorized to make decisions about meetings, memberships, publications, raising funds and all other activities in the benefit of the Association.
- Election for the Executive Board for WPSA-PB shall take place during the General body Meeting every four years. Members may cast their vote by post.
- Life members, individual members and affiliate members not having outstanding membership dues shall be eligible to participate in election process.
- Voting for Executive Board members will be by secret ballot. A simple majority shall be required to be elected.
- Chief Returning officer will be appointed by the Executive Board and will be given full powers to conduct the election as per time schedule notified by him.
- Meetings shall consist of executive meetings, scientific meetings, and General Assembly meetings.
- The Executive Board shall meet at least once a year at the place and date notified by the Secretary at least one month in advance.
- The Meetings of the Executive Board, scientific meetings and General Assembly meetings shall be held as and when desired / required.
- The Executive Board shall be authorized to make decisions about meetings. Invitation shall be extended by post, telephone, in person or through national press.
- All decisions and resolutions passed during the meeting will be confirmed within a period of 4 weeks and communicated among all members.
- The Executive Board shall be solely responsible for all amendments and deletions / additions in the WPSA-PB constitution.
- The amendments shall be approved later by 3/4th of the members present in General Assembly meeting. The presence or written consent for 3/4th of the members shall fulfill quorum requirements for amendments and deletions / additions.
WPSA-PB can be dissolved by 3/4th of the members present in the General Assembly Meeting.
Others items that are not stated in this constitution shall be discussed in the Executive Board and decided in accordance with the objectives of the Association.